Château Miranda / Château de Noisy - Ardennen
Click on the photo to enlarge
Château Miranda is a castle in the Ardennes. The castle was built in 1866 and designed by the English architect Milner. The Castle has had different tasks and is also known as Château de Noisy or Home the Noisy when the name was when it served as orphanage.
During the French Revolution the family Liedekerke-Beaufort left the castle of Vêves to take up residence in a nearby farm.
After the revolution in 1886 the family gave in to command the English architect Milner to design a castle as a summer residence right next to this farm.
Until and during the second world war the castle remained occupied by the family.
Starting from the second world war the castle was used as a children's home by the SNCB and from about 1980, it was used for outdoor activities for children.
Since 1991, the castle empty.
After the castle was left empty it quickly fell into decay.
As of 2009, all 500 glass-windows in the castle where broken and in some parts of the building complete stairwells collapsed.
The commune of Celles already has made an offer several times to to take over the Castle and the ground but the family still won't waive the Castle.
Despite it's Ranger, the castle remains a popular location for Urban explorers.
In 2009, the castle was used for shooting of the film Anubis and the revenge of Arghus.
The Bell Tower is 56 meters high
The castle is in poor condition; the top (4th) floor is already collapsed.