Terre Rouge - Luxembourg
Click on the photo to enlarge
The Terre Rouge was a big entity of the iron ore industry in Luxembourg formerly called ARBED, and now part of the Arcelor/Mittal Group.
The history of the site began in the year 1870 when the authorization was given to start the construction of the “Brasseur” factory.
In 1872 the first iron ore furnace was heated. In 1937 ARBED has taken over the factory and the furnaces have been closed in the year 1977.
The furnaces were shut down in 1997 and demolished some years later. Nowadays the iron silos are still there, abandoned and in a bad condition.